welcome to autumn, where official seasonal flavors are typically limited to pumpkin spice, pumpkin spice, and…you guessed it, pumpkin spice. at big front door, we’re all about capturing the essence of seasonal flavors in our fresh deli sandwiches, and our imagination is unlimited. check out these past seasonal specialties that sometimes make a reappearance. but remember, nothing’s guaranteed. you gotta get our delectable seasonal sandwiches while you can.
- blackened chicken, brie, and roasted brussels sprouts drizzled in honey dijon on warm ciabatta. this fan favorite captures the essence of fine dining with the convenience of a sandwich.
- roast beef, vegetable crudité and braised red chard loaded with bfd’s take on ‘whiz’, all piled high on a house made biscuit. philly cheesesteak, meet your san diego match.
- turkey, smoked cheddar mousse, lettuce, tomato and onion doused with sundried tomato vinaigrette and house aioli on whole grain. this puppy puts a whole new twist on thanksgiving leftovers.
- chicken, bacon, cheddar, fresh jalapeños, lettuce, and red onion, smothered in house bbq and garlic aioli on fresh ciabatta. this beauty’s so hefty we had to add an “actual size” tag to its photo on facebook.
- house smoked salmon, basil hummus, pea sprouts and pickled onions drizzled with roasted red pepper crème on a fluffy pita. mmmmm. a virtual trip around the world in your mouth.
- smoked baby back ribs, oven roasted onions and shredded cabbage drenched in house bbq and oil & vinegar on a torpedo. so messy but so worth it.
- roast beef, pea sprouts, red pepper and green onion doused in soy-ginger sauce and wasabi aioli with a sprinkling of sesame seeds on a torpedo roll. this asian fusion delight was so popular it made a seasonal appearance two years in a row.
- turkey pastrami, jarlsberg, cider braised cabbage and granny smith apple are paired with dijonaise and new york corn rye bread. a this fresh twist on a deli classic.
- roast beef, mushroom pate, bacon, gorgonzola, lettuce, tomato and onion brushed with garlic aioli on toasted sourdough. yes, mushrooms were harmed in the making of this seasonal sandwich but don’t worry, they can’t feel a thing.
- a giant crab cake on a bed of shaved romaine and roma tomato, oozing with house-made tartar sauce on hand sliced sourdough pan loaf. a real beach beauty that sings in summer.
- smoked chicken, almond and green bean salad, red onion marmalade, pea sprout, tomato, drizzled with maytag crème on brioche. you’ve never had chicken salad quite like this.
- guajillo chili pulled pork, corn salsa, avocado, jalapeño, and oaxaca cheese, dripping with cilantro-lime crema on fresh-baked ciabatta. this spicy beast is still available but don’t wait too long—this year’s autumn sandwich of the season is just around the corner.
year-round delicious, seasonal deli sandwiches
at big front door in san diego, we’re always crafting tasty new additions to our menu. everything—from sandwiches to salads, soups and more—is made from scratch and always fresh. come drop in to see what’s new.